ប្រឹក្សាច្បាប់ &អ្នកស្រលាញ់ភេទដូចគ្នា (Cambodia LGBT Legal Support)
LGBTs is the among of project at CamASEAN. The project made by Cambodian–led group responding to the needs of the Cambodian of LGBTs for using their lives in society. We made this project since June 2013 by group of students law at RULE that made assignment involved of LGBTs. the subject name is right of who love the same six in Cambodia that the students wrote is very important of situation for LGBTs people living in Cambodia.
Cambodia LGBT Legal Support is a project of CamASEAN to seek the equality of legal treatment base on human rights. The main areas of the project are: a. analyse all the domestic and international of the Kingdom of Cambodia, b. lobby and advocate with relevant stakeholders which include government, private sectors, NGOs and academic, c. document human rights and legal cases.
The Cambodia LGBT Legal Support (CLGBT) is led by a group of university students who finish their thesis in 2013. The thesis is analyzed on LGBIT issues and the students were inspired by Mr Srun Srorn, a core founder of CamASEAN, provided them all the anayzis include social and legal situations of being gay in Cambodia. Srorn provoke the students some idea to work and encouraged the university students that made the assignment involved with LGBTI, and he has given the time to train the project members to understand of LGBTs life, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression and basic of human rights integration into gender concept. With this we decided to build this project and add more members who are heterosexuality and homosexuality students who are interested in legal and human rights. Our strategies are producing social media, using technology and face 2 face meeting to provide legal counseling, legal assistance as well as referral system to other capable networks who are Rainbow Community Kampuchea (RoCK), Community Legal Service (CLS), Women Networ for Unity (WNU), Cambodian Center for Human Rights (CCHR), UN of Office of High Commissionor for Human Rights (UNOHCHR) and other important legal NGOs. So we hope that this project can help LGBTs people can live independently as well as to be who they are and live happy lives.
LGBTs people in Cambodia can using their life equal other people, and living without discrimination from all sectors of society, Especially protecting by Human rights law.
To ensure LGBTs people receiving their rights for living and feel confident to use their knowledge to be skills and recognize by society.
To ensure the human rights are for everyone include the LGBT people and enhance the LGBT people are protected by laws and can using their rights equal other people.
- To improve the legal support and counseling towards young LGBT people who can access facebook , telephone and other IT tool in Cambodia.
- To aware the legal and human rights information towards young Cambodia LGBT people, family and police, sociality and communities.
- Sharing situation and problem of youth LGBTs in to facebook and other media for find resolution and supporters.
Action Plan / Activities
- Building group to work with LGBTs legal counseling project
- Create facebook page for provide Legal counseling and sharing situation or problem happened to LGBTs people.
- Providing legal counseling by phone to LGBTs and other people that involved.
- Meeting with NGOs, Government, member, supporter, donors and partners for discuss and find solution for LGBTs situation.
- Collect information by surveys’ in family, relatives, friends, supporter and non- supporters in communities.
- Recruit the volunteer staffs to support our projects and activities.
- Training related law and situation of LGBTs to LGBTs, network, members, students, police, and other people involve.
- Reports situation of LGBTs to the Government, NGOs partner, Radio, TV and other media to share information and work with together for find resolution of LGBTs in Cambodia.